- 1FIND A COURSE
Search for a training course using the search box above, or the quick links below. Once you have found the course you are looking for, click the course name. If you are not sure, select a course which you think closely matches your requirement and we can advise you later.
- 2SELECT A DATE
Once you are satisified this course meets your requirement - find a suitable date and location from the list on the right had side. Remember you can always change your mind later on - and if none are completely suitable, select the closest one. We will call you to discuss your requirement and you can tell us of your exact need then.
- 3SEND ENQUIRY
Fill out the enquiry form below and click Submit. This is not a commitment to buy. We check the details and get back to you regarding availability. You can discuss the requirements further, otherwise we will send you a quotation.
Linux: Enterprise Deployment Virtualization and Systems Management RH401
OverviewRH401 Red Hat Enterprise Deployment, Virtualization, and Systems Management is a four-day lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale deployment and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. Course participants will learn how to install and use a Red Hat Network Satellite Server to deploy and manage systems. The use of virtualization technology as a key deployment tool is also examined.
Subjects covered in the course include: installing and managing a Red Hat Network Satellite Server; provisioning systems using RHN, DHCP, and PXE; using version control to maintain configuration files; and building custom RPMS.In addition, a substantial part of the class is dedicated to the use of Virtualization in systems deployment. Virtualization topics include: an overview of virtualization; installing, configuring, and managing virtual machines; understanding the hypervisor; using virtual machine snapshots; network configuration with virtualization.
Related TopicsRelated Courses
- Linux: Certified System Administration RHCSA Rapid Track RH200 RH199
- Linux: Enterprise Clustering and Storage Management RH436
- Linux: Enterprise Directory Services and Authentication RH423 IPS
- Linux: Enterprise SE Policy Administration RHS429
- Linux: Enterprise System Monitoring and Performance Tuning RH442
- Linux: System Administration III RH254 with RHCSA and RHCE Exam RHEL Exams RH255
- Linux: Troubleshooting Techniques and Tools RH242
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux: Administering Linux Part I RHCSA
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux: Security Network Services RHS333
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux: SELinux Policy Administration Exam EX429
AudienceRH401 is aimed at senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators and other IT professionals working in enterprise environments.
Skills GainedRH401 is designed to train people with RHCE level competency on skills required to deploy and manage Red Hat systems to enterprise standards of reliability, availability, scalability and manageability.
Central to the course is hands-on training in the use of the Red Hat Network Satellite Server for deployment and provisioning of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems and the use of virtualization as a critical technology in systems deployment.Persons taking RH401 will learn how to implement and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux deployments efficiently and effectively in ways that make their systems manageable by a team. They will learn to install and deploy a Red Hat Network Satellite Server which can be used to provision new systems and keep many systems up to date. Students will create their own packages using Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) and use CVS and Red Hat Satellite Server to manage configuration files.
Course participants will learn to use virtual machine technology, which permits multiple host operating systems to run on a single hardware platform. They will learn how virtualization works, including the purpose and function of the virtualization hypervisor; how to install, configure, and manage virtual machines; how to take snapshots of virtual systems; and how to configure networking, including private networks, masquerading, and physical network separation.
PrerequisitesRH401 requires RHCE-level skills. A current RHCE certification is recommended, but not required.
Top Selling Brands
(GT) indicates Guaranteed to Run. Call for more details
- 4 dys
- 4 dys
- 4 dys
- 4 dys
- 4 dys
- 4 dys
If there are no suitable dates listed:
Please click above and we will take care of the rest.
Please click above and we will be happy to discuss the benefits of onsite and bespoke courses with you.
Browse By Brands
Most popular courses
- ITIL v3 Foundation: for IT Service Management 3.0 ITILR V3 with Certification and Exam
- MSP Foundation: Managing Successful Programmes Practitioner plus Exam 2007 2011
- VMware vSphere: Install Configure Manage 4.1 5.0 5.1
- Microsoft Office Excel: Intermediate for XP 2003 2007 2010 2013 Mac
- Agile Scrum: Certified ScrumMaster Weekend weekend Residential
- Senior: The Newly Appointed Manager Building Your Experience
- BCS ISEB: Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Microsoft Office Excel: Introduction for XP 2003 2007 2010 2013 Mac
- Supervisory: Management Team Leading Supervisor Skills for Leaders Supervisors
- BCS ISEB: Foundation in Business Analysis inc exam
- All Courses >>