- 1FIND A COURSE
Search for a training course using the search box above, or the quick links below. Once you have found the course you are looking for, click the course name. If you are not sure, select a course which you think closely matches your requirement and we can advise you later.
- 2SELECT A DATE
Once you are satisified this course meets your requirement - find a suitable date and location from the list on the right had side. Remember you can always change your mind later on - and if none are completely suitable, select the closest one. We will call you to discuss your requirement and you can tell us of your exact need then.
- 3SEND ENQUIRY
Fill out the enquiry form below and click Submit. This is not a commitment to buy. We check the details and get back to you regarding availability. You can discuss the requirements further, otherwise we will send you a quotation.
Linux: Korn Multi vendor UNIX Fundamentals
Multi-Vendor UNIX Fundamentals course will provide the delegates with transferable skills, and - equally important - will give them appreciation of working in a multi-vendor UNIX environment. The course concentrates on the common approach to the variants of UNIX whilst looking at some specific areas of particular systems and shells
The platform used for practical exercises is Linux, with SSH access provided to at least one other version of UNIX, for example HP-UX
The course explains how to use the basic facilities of a UNIX system and demystifies most of the major concepts and principles of UNIX operation. We discuss the role the shell plays in interfacing with the operating system, analyse the file system and explore file, directory and data manipulation utilities
We also take a look at more advanced use of the shell, including a brief introduction to shell scripts (command or batch files) and how to use them to automate repetitive tasks. There is a very useful overview of simple UNIX system administration and network communication utilities
Hands-on work (labs, demos and interactive exercises) accounts for nearly half of the course. Each lab session is carefully structured to lead you through the concepts of the preceding chapter, thereby building knowledge and confidence in using UNIX. Each delegate is assigned his/her own machine, and all machines are configured as a network
Related TopicsRelated Brand
- Explain the history, philosophy and purpose of UNIX
- Navigate the file system and manipulate files and directories
- Use the visual text editor vi
- Conduct a session using the Command Line Interface
- Configure the shell start-up files
- Use and implement I/O stream redirection and piping mechanisms
- Use filter tools to perform data manipulation operations
- Interrogate the system
- Write simple shell script
- Use the system and online-based help
- Initiate and respond to communications from other users and systems
- Appreciate the purpose of working as superuser
- No specific UNIX knowledge is required, but delegates must have a basic knowledge of the major computer components as well as computer operating system functionality and concepts. Ability of working with command line (such as in DOS or VMS) and familiarity with hierarchical file structure, organisation and management is assumed.
- Course is aimed at IT professionals wanting to become proficient in using a UNIX platform in a multi-vendor environment. It is also recommended for users of any UNIX system who need to 'escape' an application and use the system at the command line level.
Top Selling Brands
(GT) indicates Guaranteed to Run. Call for more details
- 4 dys
- 4 dys
If there are no suitable dates listed:
Please click above and we will take care of the rest.
Please click above and we will be happy to discuss the benefits of onsite and bespoke courses with you.
Browse By Brands
Most popular courses
- ITIL v3 Foundation: for IT Service Management 3.0 ITILR V3 with Certification and Exam
- MSP Foundation: Managing Successful Programmes Practitioner plus Exam 2007 2011
- VMware vSphere: Install Configure Manage 4.1 5.0 5.1
- Microsoft Office Excel: Intermediate for XP 2003 2007 2010 2013 Mac
- Agile Scrum: Certified ScrumMaster Weekend weekend Residential
- Senior: The Newly Appointed Manager Building Your Experience
- BCS ISEB: Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Microsoft Office Excel: Introduction for XP 2003 2007 2010 2013 Mac
- Supervisory: Management Team Leading Supervisor Skills for Leaders Supervisors
- BCS ISEB: Foundation in Business Analysis inc exam
- All Courses >>