- 1FIND A COURSE
Search for a training course using the search box above, or the quick links below. Once you have found the course you are looking for, click the course name. If you are not sure, select a course which you think closely matches your requirement and we can advise you later.
- 2SELECT A DATE
Once you are satisified this course meets your requirement - find a suitable date and location from the list on the right had side. Remember you can always change your mind later on - and if none are completely suitable, select the closest one. We will call you to discuss your requirement and you can tell us of your exact need then.
- 3SEND ENQUIRY
Fill out the enquiry form below and click Submit. This is not a commitment to buy. We check the details and get back to you regarding availability. You can discuss the requirements further, otherwise we will send you a quotation.
Communication: Written Letter and Report Writing
All organisations need to convey a professional image in every way to stay ahead of the competition. It is paramount that all pieces of written documentation are faultless. As your professional reputation can be enhanced or ruined by your correspondence, it is essential that the style, content and message is concise, correct and appropriate.
Reports must contain vital information that recommends action or allows the reader to make necessary decisions based on the information provided. When your report reaches a busy manager's desk, your are competing with many other pieces of documentation and responsibilities that tie up the manager's time and attention. Reports, therefore, need to be inviting and persuasive to allow your reader to read the report through to the end.
Related TopicsRelated Courses
- Communication: Active Listening
- Communication: Art of Conducting Meetings
- Communication: Influencing and Persuading
- Communication: Interpersonal Effectiveness for Managers
- Communication: Interpersonal Skills
- Communication: Introduction
- Communication: Level for Managers
- Communication: Meetings Chairing
- Communication: Reading and Written
- Communication: Speed Reading
What are the best ways to produce effective letters and reports? This course is designed to lead to practical skills to enable delegates to be both competent and confident in their written communication. Our courses allow all staff to benefit from enhanced writing skills. The types of delegate we have trained previously are:
- Directors and senior managers
- Sales and fundraising staff
- Local government employees
- Managers, department heads, team leaders and supervisors
- Technical and academic team members
- Customer service staff
Top Selling Brands
Call for Latest Dates
If there are no suitable dates listed:
Please click above and we will take care of the rest.
Browse By Brands
Most popular courses
- ITIL v3 Foundation: for IT Service Management 3.0 ITILR V3 with Certification and Exam
- MSP Foundation: Managing Successful Programmes Practitioner plus Exam 2007 2011
- VMware vSphere: Install Configure Manage 4.1 5.0 5.1
- Microsoft Office Excel: Intermediate for XP 2003 2007 2010 2013 Mac
- Agile Scrum: Certified ScrumMaster Weekend weekend Residential
- Senior: The Newly Appointed Manager Building Your Experience
- BCS ISEB: Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Microsoft Office Excel: Introduction for XP 2003 2007 2010 2013 Mac
- Supervisory: Management Team Leading Supervisor Skills for Leaders Supervisors
- BCS ISEB: Foundation in Business Analysis inc exam
- All Courses >>