This highly practical course discusses the implementation of Apache in Linux, Unix and Windows environments. It provides delegates with the knowledge and skills necessary install, configure and maintain an Apache web server in a multi-platform environment.
Delegates are taught how to install Apache, and modify the httpd.conf file to enable virtual hosts, Common Gateway Interface (CGI) programming, dynamic HTML documents with Server-side includes (SSI), and maintain log files to monitor the performance of the Apache server.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the positioning and architecture of Apache Web Server
- Install and manage Apache
- Successfully configure Apache
- Manage web site content
- Build virtual hosts
- Install scripts using Common Gateway Interface (CGI)
- Build into HTML web pages Server-side Includes
- Benefit from analysis of Apache Logs