Business and IT Alignment
Objective: To understand the importance of aligning the organisation with external and internal influences and the approaches to do this.
- The external and internal business environments for organisations Organisational cultures
- National cultures
- The implications of culture for business change projects
- Corporate and IT governance and the relevance to benefits management and risk management
- Elements of an Enterprise Architecture
Business Improvement Definition
Objective: to understand the business analysis approach and techniques used to identify business improvements.
- Investigating the business situation: rationale and techniques
- Holistic approach and systems thinking
- Gap analysis: purpose and approach
- Business requirements elicitation and approach
- The contents of the business case
- Stakeholder responsibilities and the business case
- The business case lifecycle
- Programme definition
Business Change Design
Objective: to design the inter-related elements required to implement successful business change.
- Aspects of organisational change
- Aspects of people change
- Aspects of process change
- Information analysis and modelling
- Aspects of information technology
Business Change Implementation
Objective: to understand the processes that should be employed to deploy business change effectively.
- Planning the acquisition, deployment and acceptance
- Acquiring the solution
- Deploying the solution
- Ensuring acceptance
- Reviewing the change
Benefits Management and Realisation
Objective: to manage the classification, review and realisation of benefits.
- Benefits Measurement in the business change lifecycle
- Classifying benefits
- Investment appraisal techniques
- Benefits and the Balanced Business Scorecard, CSFs and KPIs
- Roles and responsibilities in benefits management
- The purpose, conduct and outcomes of a benefit review
- Benefits realisation: purpose and challenges.
Format of the Examination
- Type: 40 Question Multiple Choice
- Duration: 1 hour
- Supervised/Invigilated: Yes
- Open Book: No
- Delivery: Paper based examination only
This course forms part of the following certification: The BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis
Related training courses