This course is intended to enable business analysts to understand the lifecycle, activities and techniques used in the definition, planning and realisation of business benefits.
The business benefits are identified and predicted to result from the introduction of business and information system changes. Understanding how to manage benefits in order to enable their realisation is critical for business analysts working in all aspects of the business change lifecycle.
Key areas of the course include:
- The context for benefits management
- A process/lifecycle for benefits management
- The benefits dependency network
- Building the business case
- Stakeholders and the change process, including owners for the change and the benefits
- Implementation of the benefits management lifecycle
- Examination on the afternoon of day 3
Please do note that the course timetable is designed to include coverage of new content up to around mid-afternoon on day 3. Delegates should be prepared to spend around 1 -2 hours per evening on homework and revision activities. This may include activities set by the instructor as appropriate.