This course prepares you for the exam leading to the Business Relationship Management Professional Certification.
The Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP ) training and certification program is intended as a comprehensive foundation for Business Relationship Managers (BRM) at every experience level, with the training and certification designed to provide a solid baseline level of knowledge regarding the BRM role and how well-cemented and effective BRM disciplines can positively impact overall business results.
THE “HOUSE OF BRM”
This comprehensive course introduces you to, and provides details for building “The House of BRM”, which includes the following three key aspects of Business Relationship Management:
- The “Foundation” supports the BRM role and ensures it has the competencies to be effective and deliver value to both the provider organization and its business partners.
- The “Pillars” define the BRM space in terms of Core BRM Disciplines: Demand Shaping, Exploring, Servicing and Value Harvesting.
- The “Roof” protects Business Relationship Management as a key aspect of provider capability. It does this by ensuring clarity around the role, discipline, and organizational capability of Business Relationship Management in the context of the Provider Strategy and Operating Model.
There is also focus and details provided for the Four Core BRM Disciplines:
- Demand Shaping stimulates, surfaces and shapes business demand for provider services, capabilities and products. It ensures that business strategies fully leverage provider capabilities, and that the provider service portfolio and capabilities enable business strategies. Most importantly, Demand Shaping is focused on optimizing the business value realized through provider services, capabilities and products—that low value demand is suppressed while higher value demand is stimulated
- Exploring identifies and rationalizes demand. Business Relationship Management helps sense business and technology trends to facilitate discovery and demand identification. Exploring is an iterative and ongoing process that facilitates the review of new business, industry and technology insights with potential to create value for the business environment. The key benefit of this discipline is the identification of business value initiatives that will become part of the provider portfolio of services, capabilities and products
- Servicing coordinates resources, manages Business Partner expectations, and integrates activities in accordance with the business partner-provider partnership. It ensures that business partner-provider engagement translates demand into effective supply requirements. Servicing facilitates business strategy, Business Capability Road mapping, portfolio and program management
- Value Harvesting ensures success of business change initiatives that result from the exploring and servicing engagements. Value harvesting includes activities to track and review performance, identify ways to increase the business value from business-provider initiatives and services, and initiates feedback that triggers continuous improvement cycles. This process provides stakeholders with insights into the results of business change and initiatives