Individuals who contribute specialised skills to a project team can benefit from this CAPM certification by allowing them to align their work with that of project managers. Delegates who do not have project experience but are interested in project management can benefit from this certification as well because it demonstrates their professional knowledge. This knowledge can be applied to on-the-job experiences which help develop growing levels of competence in the practice of project management. Individuals who carry the CAPM designation after their name enjoy a high degree of credibility from PMP certification holders, project managers, employers and peers.
Among other things CAPM helps the professionals in the following ways:
- Learning Skills to initiate a project
- Project preparation and planning proficiency
- Executing, monitoring, controlling and completing a project
- Estimating activity costs
- Planning for quality at every stage
- Performing quality assurance
- Hiring, leading and managing a project team
- Foreseeing and planning for the unexpected
The CAPM Certification Training is a proficiency-based exam. It lasts for three hours and is a Closed Book Exam. The candidate is supposed to answer one hundred and fifty questions during that time. There are one hundred and thirty-five scored and fifteen unscored questions in the exam. In the case of a candidate requiring a break, the clock does not stop.