This 2-day course teaches you the requires knowledge to become an effective product owner and guide the emergence of the product your customers need in the most direct way possible. It employs hands-on exercises as well as interactive instruction to give you the best possible foundation for succeeding in the Product Owner role.
Building a product with a new process can be a daunting prospect. Being asked to serve as the team' s Product Owner can be downright intimidating.
Every two to four weeks a Scrum team selects features to develop from the top of a list of features called the product backlog. The backlog is prioritized by a person called the product owner in Scrum. The product owner determines the order of features developed on the basis of their value to the customer, cost and risk and uses powerful agile planning tools to guide a product towards a targeted release date, scope or budget.
Point your Scrum teams in the right direction as an effective Product Owner.
You've invested time and money training your IT/Development staff to use Scrum to make products right way. Now learn how to make sure they are making the right product the right way. Learn the tools and skills to become an effective product owner from a trainer with 25 years of product development experience and over seven years of Scrum experience.
- How to launch a Scrum project
- The role and responsibilities of the Product Owner
- How to establish and support a vision for your product with the entire team
- Create and maintain a good product backlog
- How to plan, estimate and track releases
- How to help teams plan, execute and review sprints
- Better business value engineering
- How to use the empirical tools of Scrum to manage scope, budget or schedule constraints
- How to work with agile teams and stakeholders
- How to use other tools such as:
- Muscow analysis and Kano planning
- Planning poker
- Collaborative Innovation Games