This course teaches the competencies required of an early career system administrator working with Linux systems and supports attendees in taking and passing the CompTIA Linux+ exam (Exam XK0-004).
CompTIA Linux+ validates the skills of IT professionals with hands-on experience configuring, monitoring, and supporting servers running the Linux operating system. The exam certifies expertise in the following areas: security, kernel modules, storage and virtualization, device management at an enterprise level, git and automation, networking and firewalls, server side and command line, server (vs. client-based) coverage, troubleshooting and SELinux.
What Skills Will You Learn?
- Hardware and System Configuration
- Configure kernel modules, network parameters, storage, cloud and virtualization technologies.
- System Operation and Maintenance
- Manage software and services, and explain server roles, job scheduling, and the use and operation of Linux devices.
- Understand best practices for permissions and authentication, firewalls, and file management.
- Linux Troubleshooting and Diagnostics
- Analyze system properties and processes and troubleshoot user, application and hardware issues.
- Automation and Scripting
- Execute basic BASH scripts, version control using Git, and orchestration processes.
- All pre- and post-course materials and manuals are provided.
- All exam fees are included.
- Exam revision sessions and practice exams included.
- Full pre- and post-course tutor support.
- Restaurant lunches and refreshments are provided.
- Training in the centre of the World Heritage City of Bath.
- We don't charge for re-sits if you don't pass first time (you just pay the exam cost set by the exam board and a £10 contribution towards your lunch).
In our opinion there is no better, faster or more cost effective way of becoming Linux+ qualified!