CompTIA A+ is the only industry recognized credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment. It is trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management & technical support roles. CompTIA A+ is regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace.
This course has been developed to produce competent PC support engineers who are capable of taking and passing the CompTIA A+ certification exams, as well as other similar qualifications. After successfully completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Support basic IT infrastructure, including endpoint management, advanced device connectivity troubleshooting, and basic networking
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware, including components, connectors and peripherals
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals, including detecting and removing malware, addressing privacy concerns, physical security and device hardening
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and the use of scripting in IT support
In order to receive the CompTIA A+ certification you must pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002). Core 1 covers mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing, and network troubleshooting. Core 2 covers installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting, and operational procedures. Each exam is 90 minutes and includes a mix of multiple choice, drag and drop, and performance-based questions.
CompTIA A+ is accredited by ANSI as meeting the ISO/IEC 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements.