This three-day course provides IT leaders with an end-to-end business view of the principles, processes and roles required to establish an IT organization and operation that directly supports the goals of the business. This course prepares you for the exam leading to the COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate.
The learning objectives of this course are accomplished through an understanding of COBIT 5 – an internationally accepted framework from ISACA for governing and managing enterprise IT that supports business executives in their achievement of business goals. You will gain an understanding of how to use practical tools to:
- Establish effective IT project and process oversight
- Assess the current state of IT
- Undertake strategic planning of IT
- Ensure IT risk mitigation, monitoring and controls are in place to ensure the business meets its regulatory compliance requirements
The key learning areas covered in this course are:
- An overview of Governance of Enterprise IT (GEIT) and its critical role in enabling business objectives
- Understanding how external and internal stakeholder goals drive IT prioritization and strategy
- The Five Principles of GEIT
- How to integrate IT Management frameworks such as ITIL , TGOAF, PMBoK , etc.
- The Seven IT Enablers required to achieve business objectives
- An Introduction to IT Governance transformation and implementation
- Enabling Continual Improvement based on the Process Capability Assessment Model