Quote from a Raving Fan:
"This course truly paints the whole picture of DevOps. Fascinating and inspiring.”
This certification course, designed by Pink Elephant, provides a new and unique perspective of DevOps through the 'Full Stack' of culture, practices and automation.
This is the most comprehensive, content-rich DevOps certification course in the industry! And, it includes a DevOps assessment.
What is the 'Full Stack' approach?
As a major game changer in IT, the DevOps revolution has brought about new practices in the Application Development and Systems Operations areas that can help your organization deliver IT services better, faster and cheaper. This course identifies the three critical success factors that make up the 'Full Stack' approach, including:
- Changing culture
- Improving practices and processes
- Leveraging automation technologies
- When you return to work, you will know about 15 very specific practices that are essential to delivering effective DevOps. And, you will have the results of your assessment that will be the starting point of your action plan for continuous improvement.
Upon successful completion of DevOps Essentials, you will be able to articulate the benefits of implementing the Full Stack of DevOps culture, practices and automation at your organization to enable improved quality, higher speed and a reduction in costs, by meeting a progressive set of expected outcomes.
- Describe what DevOps is, and what it isn't
- Explain the approach of thinking about the critical success factors of DevOps as a 'Full Stack' of culture, practices and automation to determine what it means for your organization
- Explain the need for DevOps as a solution to problems facing organizations today
- Summarize how the need for more value from IT drives the business towards DevOps
- Summarize the cultural, structural and technological barriers that IT faces when attempting to deliver services at the right quality, speed and cost and why challenges are faced when implementing DevOps in today's organizations
- Explain the basic concept, principles and scope of DevOps, including 'The Three Ways' and accelerators such as Lean and Agile that supported the evolution and emergence of the movement
- Summarize the key cultural values, Service Management, Project Management and Software Development processes and technologies that enable DevOps
- List the ways in which DevOps transforms culture and better organizes people to solve the cultural and structural challenges facing IT
- Explain the way that DevOps structures teams and people within an organization in support of its culture, processes and technologies
- Describe how DevOps practices transform processes, utilizing Lean, Agile and ITSM accelerators to solve the process design problems facing IT
- List the ways in which DevOps transforms and organizes technology through automation and new tools to solve the technological problems facing IT
- Learn 15 very specific practices related to culture, processes and automation that are must-haves for effective delivery of DevOps