Data privacy is critical to you, but it has never been more challenging to maintain. Applications are spread across on-premises and cloud platforms, including sensitive data that needs to be protected everywhere. How can you protect your data after it leaves the system of record?
- - Your sensitive data might already be protected with encryption on a trusted system of record, such as the IBM¬Æ Z. However, as soon as that data leaves the confines of the trusted system of record, several questions immediately come to mind:
- - Can data privacy and protection be maintained and enforced?
- - Your system of record is trusted to maintain data privacy and protection. When shared, sensitive data that was encrypted is decrypted, copied, and may or may not be reencrypted before it is stored. After it is taken from that system, data protections must remain intact. Adequate controls to retain end-to-end data privacy and protection must be available.
- - Can access to data be revoked?
- - Your sensitive data must always be protected, compliance must be guaranteed, and consent must be respected. If conditions that are related to your sensitive data change, such as access or use, the ability to respond and comply must be possible.
- - Is data privacy and protection provable?
- - Information about data access, use, and policies must be readily available for auditing purposes. In addition, time that is spent by your security staff, auditors, and developers to administer and prove proper data privacy and protection is in place, should be minimized.
- - To help you safeguard your sensitive data and provide ease of auditability and control, IBM introduced a new capability for IBM Z¬Æ called IBM Data Privacy Passports. It can help minimize the risk and impact of data loss and privacy breaches when collecting and storing sensitive data. Data Privacy Passports can manage how data is shared securely through a central control of user access.
- - Data Privacy Passports can protect data wherever it goes. Security policies are kept and honored whenever the data is accessed. Future data access may be revoked remotely via Data Privacy Passports, long after data leaves the system of record, and sensitive data may even be made unusable simply by destroying its encryption key.
- - Data Privacy Passports is designed to help reduce the time that is spent by staff to protect data and ensure privacy throughout its lifecycle via a central point of control.
- - IBM Data Privacy Passports extends your data security in several ways. This includes protecting sensitive data, even when it is shared over diverse environments, preventing unauthorized access, and enhancing data privacy within a trusted environment.
- This course consists of several independent modules. The modules, including the lab exercises, stand on their own and do not depend on any other content.
Exercises and recorded demos reinforce the concepts and technologies being covered in the lectures.