Attendees will gain an understanding of the Linux and Open Source industry together with knowledge of the most popular Open Source Applications. Delegates will understand the major components of the Linux operating system and have the technical proficiency to work on the Linux command line. They will gain a basic understanding of security and administration related topics such as user and group management, working on the command line and permissions.
If desired, delegates can obtain the internationally recognised Linux Essentials PDC qualification by successfully completing the exam on the last day of the course (exam number: 010-150).
The Linux Essentials Professional Development Certificate validates a demonstrated understanding of:
- FOSS, the various communities, and licenses
- Knowledge of open source applications in the workplace as they relate to closed source equivalents
- Basic concepts of hardware, processes, programs and the components of the Linux Operating System
- How to work on the command line and with files
- How to create and restore compressed backups and archives
- System security, users/groups and file permissions for public and private directories
- How to create and run simple scripts