Module 1: Course Overview
This module explains how the class will be structured and introduces course materials and additional administrative information.
- Course Materials
- What We'll Be Discussing
Lab : Course Overview
- Successfully log into their virtual machine.
- Have a full understanding of what the course intends to cover.
Module 2: Understanding Project Management
In this module we will explain project management terminology and fundamentals to help ensure understanding of project management basics. Next, we’ll explore the Microsoft Project 2013 interface.
- Project Management Basics
- Microsoft Project 2013 Interface
Lab : Understanding Project Management
- Understand project management basics.
- Understand the terminology.
- Understand and utilize the Microsoft Project 2013 Interface.
Module 3: Planning the Project
Project planning is instrumental to project success and in this module we’ll cover everything you need to know to set up your projects properly and configure them.
- Configuring Calendars and Scheduling
- Utilizing Views
Lab : Planning the Project
- Configure calendars.
- Configure scheduling.
- Utilize and navigate views.
Module 4: Tackling Tasks
In this module we’ll explore all task related activities, from creating the task, to modification and monitoring.
- Creating Tasks
- Modifying Tasks
- Deleting Tasks
Lab : Tackling Tasks
- Create tasks.
- Modify tasks.
- Delete tasks.
Module 5: Managing Resources
Resource management is key to ensuring a project is cost-effective. In this module we’ll cover all aspects of resource management including a section on monitoring, so you can ensure the project stays on track.
- Creating Resources
- Assigning Tasks to Resources
- Monitoring Resources and Their Tasks
- Deleting Resources
Lab : Managing Resources
- Create resources.
- Assign tasks to resources.
- Monitor resources and their tasks.
- Delete resources.
Module 6: Project Tracking, Troubleshooting, and Closure
What happens when things go awry? Don’t panic, in this module we’ll show you how to get the project back on track in no time at all. We’ll also cover reporting options and explore project closure.
- Tracking Project Progress
- Closing the Project
Lab : Project Tracking, Troubleshooting, and Closure
- Track project progress.
- Create and configure reports.
- Accurately troubleshoot a project.
- Close a project.
Module 7: Sharing Project Performance
In this module we will discuss the options available to share project performance, which helps keep everyone on the same page. There are no exercises in this module.
- Sharing the Project Using OneDrive
- Sharing the Project Using Project Server 2013 or Project Online
- Sharing and Syncing the Project with SharePoint 2013
Lab : Sharing Project Performance
- Share the project using OneDrive.
- Share the project using Project Server 2013 or Project Online.
- Share and sync the project using SharePoint 2013.