Getting started with the classroom environment
- Objective: Given a virtualized environment, begin to administrate multiple systems using prerequisite skills.
Enhance user security
- Objective: Configure system to use Kerberos to verify credentials and grant privileges via sudo.
Bash scripting and tools
- Objective: Automate system administration tasks utilizing Bash scripts and text-based tools.
File security with GnuPG
- Objective: Secure files with GnuPG.
- Objective: Use yum plug-ins to manage packages; understand the design of packages; build a simple package.
- Objective: Profile running services, then capture and analyze network traffic.
Route network traffic
- Objective: Configure system to route traffic and customize network parameters with sysctl.
Secure network traffic
- Objective: Secure network traffic through SSH port forwarding and iptables filtering/network address translation (NAT).
NTP server configuration
- Objective: Configure an NTP server.
File systems and logs
- Objective: Manage local file system integrity; monitor systems over time and system logging.
Centralized and secure storage
- Objective: Access centralized storage (iSCSI) and encrypt file systems.
SSL-encapsulated web services
- Objective: Understand SSL certificates and deploy an SSL-encapsulated web service.
Web server additional configuration
- Objective: Configure a web server with virtual hosts, dynamic content, and authenticated directories.
Basic SMTP configuration
- Objective: Configure an SMTP server for basic operation (null client, receiving mail, smarthost relay).
Caching-only DNS server
- Objective: Understand DNS resource records and configure a caching-only name server.
File sharing with NFS
- Objective: Configure file sharing between hosts with NFS.
File sharing with CIFS
- Objective: Configure file and print sharing between hosts with CIFS.
File sharing with FTP
- Objective: Configure file sharing with anonymous FTP.
Troubleshooting boot process
- Objective: Understand the boot process and recover unbootable systems with rescue mode.