CMDBID: 71194 | Course Code: SAN | Duration: 3 Days
In this workshop course, you learn how to connect Windows , vSphere , and Linux hosts via Fibre Channel (FC) and iSCSI protocols to NetApp SANs.
Each participant will leave with a recognised certificate
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Define and describe SANs that use FC and iSCSI protocols
- Configure Windows Server 2008 R2, vSphere 5, Red Hat 5, and Data ONTAP systems for iSCSI connectivity
- Configure Windows Server 2008 R2, vSphere 5, Red Hat 5, and Data ONTAP systems for FC connectivity
- Use FC and iSCSI protocols to create and access LUNs from Windows Server 2008 R2, vSphere 5, and Red Hat 5 systems
- Install and use SnapDrive for Windows and SnapDrive for Linux software to create LUNs and Snapshot LUNs, to restore LUNs from Snapshot copies, and to remove LUNs
- Size, clone, back up, and recover LUNs on Windows Server 2008 R2, vSphere 5, and Red Hat 5 systems
- Install and Configure vSphere 5 using the NetApp Virtual Storage Console 4
- Troubleshoot SAN connectivity and performance issues
Our clients have included prestigious national organisations such as Oxford University Press, multi-national private corporations such as JP Morgan and HSBC, as well
as public sector institutions such as the Department of Defence and the Department of Health.