This course requires meeting one of the following prerequisites:
- Storage administration experience on block or file storage devices
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] (VSICM)course
- Experience working at the command line is helpful.
- The course material presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Use VMware vSphere Client
- Create and manage VMware vCenter Server objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts, and virtual machines
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Create and modify a distributed switch
- Connect a VMware ESXi host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
- Create a VMware vSphere VMFS datastore
- Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere vMotion
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere Storage vMotion
If you cannot complete all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] (VSICM) course before enrolling in VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage.