This course requires completion of one of the following prerequisites:
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] course
- Completed the VMware vSAN Deploy and Manage [V6.x] course or equivalent experience with VMware vSAN.
- Experience working with linux command line interfaces.
The course presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling:
- Use VMware vSphere Web Client
- Create and manage VMware vCenter Server objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts, and virtual machines
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Connect a VMware ESXi host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
- Create a VMware vSphere VMFS datastore
- Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere vMotion
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere Storage vMotion
If you cannot complete all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] and VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage [v6.x] courses before enrolling in VMware vSAN: Troubleshooting.