In order to facilitate your VMware e-courseware provision CourseMonster will share your name and email address (that which we have registered for you on our business systems) with VMware. VMware will then send you directly the details of your e-courseware access no less than 48 hours before your course is due to take place. VMware will not use these details for any other purpose than provisioning you with your e-courseware.
Please note that these details are held by VMware outside of the EU. If you have an existing VMware MyLearn account it is imperative that you notify CourseMonster of the email address you have registered to this account. Should you have any questions or concerns about this please contact your CourseMonster account manager.
Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either dual monitors or single monitor plus a tablet device.
This course requires completion of one the following courses or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track
- VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting
The course material presumes that you can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Install and configure ESXi
- Install vCenter Server
- Create vCenter Server objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create and manage vCenter Server roles and permissions
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Create and modify a distributed switch
- Connect an ESXi host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
- Create a VMFS datastore
- Use a content library template to create a virtual machine
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a vSphere DRS cluster
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and VMs
If you cannot complete these tasks, VMware recommends that you instead take the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V7] course.
Please note: In order to provision you with your courseware and lab access for this course CourseMonster must share several items of basic personal information with our partner (usually your full name and email address). For more information on this please visit our CourseMonster Partner data sharing page . If you have any questions or concerns please contact your CourseMonster account manager.