By the end of the course students will be equipped with the knowledge to build real world applications using XML documents as a data source for Web, e-commerce and traditional output formats.
The objectives of this Introduction to XML course are to provide the student with:
- An understanding of the capabilities of XML technology.
- An explanation of where XML fits in with current Internet application development strategies.
- Experience of developing XML based applications for Web and traditional environments.
- The knowledge to create XML data files with associated Document Type Definitions.
- The ability to create scripting programs that navigate their way through an XML data file and process the data contained within it.
- The ability to restructure XML data using XSL style sheets.
- An appreciation of some of the future directions of XML technology as defined by the W3C and interested commercial organisations.