This course addresses the Senior BA's role in supporting strategic goals and objectives by leveraging the Business Architecture. Based on concepts from the IIBA Enterprise Analysis Knowledge Area (KA), the course covers typical deliverables for Strategic Analysis, why strategic analysis work is done, and how it ties to project work. You will learn how to apply Business Analysis skills to Strategic Enterprise Analysis activities, understand the basic views of Business Architecture, apply Strategic Analysis to the planning of roadmaps and create a business case to fund the roadmap of work.
Why Attend this Course?
Senior BAs need to be able to think strategically, beyond the gathering of requirements for a given problem, towards a focus on the strategic goals of the enterprise. Without this perspective, software solutions and company resources cannot be effectively targeted towards higher-level business goals, objectives and requirements.
This course may be taken alone as a standalone course, where trainees have acquired some prior experience as BAs. Trainees taking this course in the context of the complete program are advised to take it at the end, as a capstone course that ties together all of the techniques learned throughout the program.
Outline of Strategic Enterprise Analysis for the BA Training 1. Introduction to strategic analysis
Introduction to strategic thinking and cognitive analysis: An introduction to concepts related to thought and analysis
2. Analysis at the Strategic Level: The application of Business Analysis techniques to change at the Enterprise level
3. Business goals and strategic analysis
Goals Elicitation and Analysis: The value of Goals in Strategic Enterprise Analysis, and how to discover them
4. Goals and organizational structure: How to deconstruct and represent/model goals; tying goals to organizational structure and location
5. Aligning BA deliverables to strategic analysis
The Functional View: Understanding how a business will present itself to various interested parties within its environment, and tying this presentation back to goals
6. The Process View: Understanding how a business needs to operate internally in order to support the functionality it exposes, including Six Sigma and other process modeling techniques
7. The Business Entity View: Understanding the information that a business collects and manipulates and how it is used strategically to support business functionality and processes
8. The Other Views: Understanding what other BA content may be useful in comprehending a business
9. Applying strategic analysis
The future of the business: What future states imply for change; the different ways Strategic Analysis can be used to define types of business change
10. Enterprise Strategic Analysis and Architecture
Enterprise Analysis and Zachman: Understanding the Zachman Framework for Enterprise Architecture; tying architecture to strategic analysis with the Zachman Framework for Enterprise Architecture
11. Enterprise Analysis and TOGAF: Understanding TOGAF for Enterprise Architecture; tying Architecture to strategic analysis with the TOGAF
12. Envisioned Future States and Architecture: How architecture is used to lay out the future state of a business
13. Aligning Business and Technology: How business and technology should collaborate for success
14. Planning and Business Cases
The Planning and Business Case Work: Planning implementation of the change and obtaining approval for the change
If you need training for 3 or more people, you should ask us about onsite training. Putting aside the obvious location benefit, content can be customised to better meet your business objectives and more can be covered than in a public classroom. It's a cost effective option.
Submit an enquiry from any page on this site, and let us know you are interested in the requirements box, or simply mention it when we contact you.
ITILv3, RESILIA, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, AgileSHIFT, MSP, M_o_R, P3M3, P3O, MoP, MoV courses on this page are offered by QA Affiliate of AXELOS Limited. ITIL, RESILIA, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, AgileSHIFT, MSP, M_o_R, P3M3, P3O,MoP, MoV are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.