This course allows the student to gain the skills necessary for day-today administration of an Oracle database. This course is the starting point for Oracle database administrators and also sets the foundation for advanced administrator training and certification.
The primary target audience for this course is Oracle database administrators. Oracle web server and application server administrators, as well as others who must manage an embedded repository database using Oracle database technology will also find this information useful. This course is also recommended for technical consultants, support engineers, project managers and other technical management and support personnel.
Major tasks to be considered within this course are:
Many students taking this course have familiarity with system administration and administration of other non-Oracle databases, and this is helpful though not mandatory. Specific course prerequisites for this course are:
Oracle Database 11g: SQL FundamentalsOracle Database 11g: Program with PL/SQL
Outline of Oracle Database 11g: Administration I Training 1. Enterprise edition installation
2. The administrator interface
3. The oracle enterprise architecture 4. Exploring the oracle database architecture: instance memory
5. Exploring the oracle database architecture: instance processes
6. Creating an oracle database
7. Managing the database instance
8. Manage database storage structures: tablespaces
9. Manage database storage structures: advanced tablespaces
10. Manage database storage structures
11. Managing undo data
12. Network environment: oracle shared servers
13. Security: implementing database security
14. Security: administering user security
15. Moving data: sql loader
16. Moving data: export & import
17. Database maintenance & performance management
18. Managing concurrency & locks
19. Backup & recovery concepts & configuration
If you need training for 3 or more people, you should ask us about onsite training. Putting aside the obvious location benefit, content can be customised to better meet your business objectives and more can be covered than in a public classroom. It's a cost effective option.
Submit an enquiry from any page on this site, and let us know you are interested in the requirements box, or simply mention it when we contact you.