All Brands >
Check Point > Check Point Certified Virtual System Extension (VSX) Specialist (CCVS) R80.X (includes 180 days' lab access)
CMDBID: 1000669 | Course Code: ARR_CKT_CCVS | Duration: 2 Days
This 2-day course provides a comprehensive understanding of the Check Point VSX solution and describe how to deploy it within the corporate network environment.
Technical professionals who need to install, configure, and manage Virtual Security Extension (VSX) solutions within their network security environment.
• Explain the benefits of virtual network security.
• Understand the basic functions, components, and advantages of VSX technology.
• Examine the VSX management infrastructure and understand how traffic flows within a VSX network.
• Discuss options for deploying VSX technology within various types of organizations.
• Understand how to install and configure VSX Gateways and Virtual Systems.
• Describe different routing schemes and features that are available to use within the VSX environment.
• Understand how to deploy additional VSX networking configurations that may be required in the environment.
• Understand the differences between deploying physical Security Gateway Clusters and VSX Gateway Clusters.
• Understand how Virtual System Load Sharing works to enhance VSX network performance.
• Understand how to use the VSX Provisioning Tool to add and remove virtual devices.
• Recall how CoreXL technology enhances Security Gateway performance and recognize how to use the technology in a VSX environment.
• Understand how to employ tools for optimizing resources allocated in a VSX environment.
• Identify various VSX command line tools commonly used to retrieve information and perform configuration changes.
• Understand how to use VSX utility commands to perform various maintenance tasks for the VSX environment.
• Understand how to troubleshoot and debug issues that may occur in a VSX environment.
• Check Point CCSA and CCSE Certification
What is Check Point? Check Point are global providers of IT network and information security solutions, providing customers with robust protection against all types of threats, reduces security complexity and lowers total cost of ownership.
Best known for its FireWall-1 product, Check Point have hardware and software products covering all aspects of IT network, endpoint and data security including the popular NGX, Pointsec, VPN, VSX, R70 and R71 products.
Check Point training and certification courses ensure that IT professionals have up to date security skills, included within our training course portfolio are the Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA) and the Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE) certifications all designed to give delegates immediate recognition of their experience, knowledge and abilities within the security arena.
Our clients have included prestigious national organisations such as Oxford University Press, multi-national private corporations such as JP Morgan and HSBC, as well
as public sector institutions such as the Department of Defence and the Department of Health.