LEAN IT CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
This Lean IT Kaizen Certification course is one of four courses included in the new Lean IT certification program defined by the Lean IT Association. The Foundation level course is a mandatory requirement for all other levels within the certification scheme.
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the Lean IT Kaizen Certificate .
What is “Kaizen”? It is an improvement philosophy in which continuous, incremental improvement occurs over a sustained period of time, creating more value and less waste, resulting in increased speed, lower costs and improved quality.
This is a practical and hands-on 3-day course that teaches and equips individuals to define, facilitate and lead Lean IT Kaizen improvement initiatives. The course teaches students how to effectively use the Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) improvement model leveraging the Lean A3 problem identification and planning tool to complete a full improvement cycle.
This certification course provides you with the knowledge, skills and methodology required to identify, plan and implement incremental service and process improvements focused on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of any process or value stream.
To learn about the other courses in the Lean IT Certification program, click here.
The 3-day course is very comprehensive and teaches you how to be a highly effective Lean Kaizen Lead. During the course you will:
- Understand Lean principles related specifically to leading a Kaizen event
- Understand how to apply the Lean A3 tool to support continual improvement
- Gain practical how-to knowledge of how to use of the Six Sigma DMAIC improvement model as a structured improvement methodology
- Learn about improvement scoping and validation
- Learn how to gain voice of customer input and establish critical to quality requirements
- Learn how to apply and use Value Stream Mapping (VSM) techniques to identify process waste and speed improvement opportunities
- Understand how to use root cause analysis techniques to support problem analysis
- Learn how to identify, select and use various improvement options
- Understand how to establish effective controls
- Understand how to establish methods to improve quality and mistake proof future process activities
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is designed for IT practitioners interested in expanding their practical knowledge and skills to lead targeted Lean improvement initiatives focused on continual service improvement, including:
- Managers tasked with department level process improvements
- Business analysts
- Project managers
- Software developers
- Quality assurance managers
- IT Consultants
- Any roles responsible for quality, efficiency and continual service improvement
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your Lean IT Foundation Certificate . You will need to provide us with a copy of your certificate upon registration in order to be admitted into this course. To look at available dates for the Lean IT Foundation Certification Course, click here.
EXAM & CERTIFICATION
- This course prepares you for the examination leading to the Lean IT Kaizen Certificate . It is a 90 minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam. You must attain a passing mark of 65% to attain your certificate.
- For traditional, live classroom and onsite presentations the exam is scheduled during the last day of class. For virtual online instructor-led courses you will receive an exam voucher to take the exam online any time after you have completed the course. The Lean IT Kaizen examination is administered and marked by APMG.
- You will attain 19 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Materials included with this course provide a very good overview of the concepts and principles, and adequately prepare attendees for the exam. For those seeking to expand their knowledge further, we recommend the following publications and articles:
- The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook — Michael L. George, John Maxey, David Rowlands and Malcolm Upton
- Managing to Learn — John Shook
You can purchase these recommended readings from the following sources:
The Book Depository
Barnes & Noble
MULTIPLE OPTIONS FOR HOW YOU CAN ATTEND THIS COURSE
- NEW! Self-Paced Online:
- Take the course at any time in your web browser at your own pace.
- Public (Open Enrollment):
- Live Classroom: On specific dates throughout the year, conveniently located in hotels in major cities across the country with our expert instructor.
- Web-Based: On specific dates throughout the year; hosted live online with our expert instructor.
- In-House (On-Site):
- Live Classroom: On dates convenient to you; exclusively for your team at your location with our expert instructor.
- Web-Based: On dates convenient to you; exclusively for your team; hosted live online with our expert instructor.
If you would like more information on any of these options, please call us at 1-888-273-PINK, email us at email@example.com, or ask your questions via our convenient Chat window at the bottom right corner of this page.
LEAN IT PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION – SPECIAL OFFER
You can now be recognized as a “Lean IT Professional” and use a new designation after your name – LITP.
How do you qualify? Pass the examinations for three courses – Lean IT Foundation, Lean IT Kaizen and Lean IT Leadership.
FREE Course Offer! We're making it easy for you. Purchase our new Lean IT Professional “bundle” – all three courses at once – and get the Lean IT Foundation Self-Paced Online course for FREE! Click here for more details.
View terms and conditions related to public courses.
Fees do not include applicable tax, which is payable for all events presented in Canada.