For those people who will be working in applications development and technical support on the VME System, this course covers the basic concepts of VME and SCL, and enables delegates to use simple file handling facilities. It forms an important foundation that will be built upon as their VME training progresses.
Delegates will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Run an interactive MAC session making effective using block structuring to control system resources.
- Use the editing facilities available under VME.
- Create and manipulate serial files using the relevant SCL commands.
- Use the basic elements of the SCL language to write simple job control programs.
- Introduce and use the libraries and file groups.